Create a user account for every employee that will access Restaurant POS. For accurate reporting and management, we recommend that you create a dedicated user account for each employee.
- In Restaurant Manager, on the Users screen click the Users tab.
- Click Add User.
- Choose the user settings and save your changes.
- Username: The name that appears for the user throughout Restaurant POS.
- Password: A unique user password for logging in to Restaurant POS.
- Pin: A unique four-digit numeric PIN code used for logging in to the app using the PIN Login method (see User login and time clock in Restaurant POS).
- User Type: Set the user as a Manager or Employee. A Manager is able to log in to Lightspeed Restaurant from within Restaurant POS or from a web browser using a direct url; [servername].posios.com/management. An Employee with appropriate login rights (see Assigning user groups and Assigning user roles) can log in to from Restaurant POS only.
- First and Last Name: The user's first and last name.
- Email: The user's email address.
- Visible: Enable this option to make the user visible in Restaurant POS.
- Image: Click the Image and then select a default user image, or upload your own image by clicking Choose File, selecting your image, and then clicking Upload. The image that's assigned to a user appears in these locations:
- The user login screen
- The user selection button
Supported image size and formatWidth: 100px
Type: PNG, JPG and GIF
- Social sec#: The user's social security number.
- Important: For Belgian users to conform to the Fiscal Data Module you must enter the user’s 11-digit INSZ/BIS number in the Social sec# field. If a valid INSZ/BIS number is not entered, the user will not be ready for use.
- Telephone: The user's telephone number.
- GSM: The user’s cellular telephone number.
- Street, Steet Number, City, and Zip: The user's home address.
- Default Floor: Sets the floor that's displayed in when the user logs in.
- Default Table: If a default table is selected, Restaurant POS defaults to the table's Order screen when the user logs in, skipping the Floor screen.
- Roles: This option appears after you save a new user. For information on setting the user privileges, see Assigning user groups and Assigning user roles.
4. Set the user privileges (user roles). See Assigning user roles.