The Elevated Permissions feature is a great way to quickly grant a user access to an order action that they would otherwise not be able to do.
Before using elevated permissions, establish:
- A user who has Allow elevated permissions enabled in the additional user roles. For example, a restaurant manager. See Assigning User Roles for more information.
- A user who doesn't have Allow elevated permissions enabled and has certain order actions disabled. For example, a server who can't apply discounts.
Using elevated permissions
- Log in to Restaurant POS as a user without Allow elevated permissions enabled.
- On the Order screen, open the Item Options menu for an order item. See Editing order items for more information.
Select an action that you don't have permission to perform, indicated by a lock icon.
An Authorization Needed popup appears. To proceed, a user with the Allow elevated permissions user role enabled must enter their PIN code.
- Continue performing the action as usual.