The Elevated Permissions feature is a great way to temporarily grant a user access to an order action that they would otherwise not be able to do.
To turn on elevated permissions:
- In Restaurant Manager, go to Devices > Restaurant App Settings.
- Select the device profile you want to enable elevated permissions for.
- Scroll down to Beta Settings.
- Enable the setting Elevate permissions of another user.
To enable elevated permissions for a specific user:
- In Restaurant Manager, go to Users.
- Select the user you want to give elevated permissions to. For example, a restaurant manager.
- Click on the user, then click Edit roles.
- Click Additional Roles, then click Allow elevate permissions.
- Click Save.
Note: The user with Allow elevated permissions enabled must have a PIN code login. Also, ensure that other users do not have elevated permissions enabled.
Using elevated permissions
- Log in to Restaurant POS as a user without Allow elevated permissions enabled.
- On the Order screen, open the Item Options menu for an order item. See Editing order items for more information.
Select an action that you don't have permission to perform, indicated by a lock icon.
An Authorization Needed popup appears. To proceed, a user with the Allow elevated permissions user role enabled must enter their PIN code.
- Continue performing the action as usual.