Cash drawers help you track and report on your cash flow. If the iPad you use to process orders is not assigned to a cash drawer created in Restaurant Manager, the cash flow is connected to the user who is processing the orders. In this case, the cash drawer is a virtual one that's created automatically and is referred to as a user wallet in Lightspeed Restaurant.
Setting up cash drawers and user wallet in Restaurant Manager
- Create the cash drawers that correspond to the physical registers in your restaurant. See Creating cash drawers.
- Assign a cash drawer to an iPad/iPhone device. See Assigning printers and a cash drawer to devices.
- Generate a cash drawer or user wallet report. See Cash drawer report.
User functions in Restaurant POS
- Enter the start and final count (float) in a cash drawer. See Cash drawer start and final counts.
- Add and remove cash from a cash drawer. See Adding and removing cash.
- Physically open a cash drawer. See Opening cash drawers.
- View cash drawer history. See Viewing cash drawer history.
- Print a cash drawer report. See Cash drawer report in Restaurant POS.