Cash drawer start and final counts are essential in balancing your cash drawers. At the start of a shift, a user can open a cash drawer by recording the amount of money in the cash drawer. At the end of their shift, they can close the cash drawer and record the closing dollar amount in the cash drawer.
NOTE: The Allow adding cash in cash drawer and Allow removing cash from cash drawer user privileges must be enabled. See Assigning User Groups and Privileges.
- Open the User profile popup in Restaurant POS.
- Tap Cash Drawers.
- If there are multiple cash drawers, select the one you want to work with.
- Enter the monetary amount.
- Specify a reason in the text field.
- To open the cash, tap Add cash.
ORTo close the cash, tap Final count.