Cash drawer start and final counts are essential to balancing your cash drawers. At the start of a shift, a user can open a cash drawer to record the starting amount in the cash drawer. At the end of their shift, they can close the cash drawer and record the closing amount.
NOTE: The Allow adding cash in cash drawer and Allow removing cash from cash drawer user privileges must be enabled. See Assigning user groups.
To add cash drawer start and final counts
- Tap the User Profile in the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Cash Drawers.
- If there are multiple cash drawers, select the one you want to work with.
- Enter the monetary amount.
- Specify a reason in the text field.
- To open the cash and record the starting amount, tap Add cash.
ORTo close the cash and record the closing amount, tap Final count.