Setting up a Socket Mobile S700 barcode scanner involves:
Note: To scan the barcodes included in the setup instructions below, you can either print them or scan them on your iPad or computer screen. If you choose to print the barcodes, please be sure to not stretch them as it will render them unscannable.
To reset the scanner:
- Scan the factory reset barcode below. The factory reset barcodes are also available in your Socket Mobile manual. Once the barcode is scanned, the scanner will power off.
- Turn the scanner back on by pressing the small power button.
To set the scanner to iOS Mode:
- By default, your Socket Mobile Series 7 barcode scanner is set to HID mode. In order to use the scanner with your iPad, the scanner must be set to iOS mode. To do so, print and scan the iOS Mode barcode below specific to your scanner model. The iOS Mode barcode is also available in your Socket Mobile manual.
Note: Ensure that you set the scanner to iOS Mode before you pair it to the iPad.
To pair the scanner with your iPad:
- On your iPad, go to Settings > Bluetooth. Ensure that Bluetooth is turned on.
- When the scanner appears in the list of Bluetooth devices, select it to begin the pairing process. When pairing is complete, the scanner will beep and the status of the device will be Connected.
Note: If you need to unpair the scanner, click the "i" icon, then click Disconnect.