NOTE: Invoices are only supported in tax-inclusive regions.
Use the Customer Invoicing feature to create consolidated invoices for all unpaid receipts created using the Put on Tab payment method on a customer's account. Customer invoices contain a breakdown of owed amounts per receipt, as well as the total amount owed for the invoice. Each invoice has a unique number assigned to it for simple tracking. Invoices don't include partially paid tab receipts.
Customer invoices can be printed, emailed or viewed directly in Restaurant POS.
NOTE: Once an invoice has been generated, the corresponding receipts in your account are instantly set as paid and the customer's tab is reset to zero.
Creating a new invoice
- From the Tables screen in Restaurant POS, tap Customers in the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Select a customer from the list.
- Tap Invoices to open the section.
- Tap Create Invoice to generate a new invoice.
- Specify an action for the invoice.
- Print Invoice: You can print full-page invoices using an AirPrint printer. Alternatively, you can Save to Photos.
- Email Invoice: For this option to appear, you must have a valid email for the customer in your system.
- Just Create Invoice: Generates the invoice within the POS. It can still be printed or emailed at a later point.
Printing or emailing a previously generated invoice
- From the Customer screen in Restaurant POS, tap Invoices to open the section.
- Tap the invoice from the list of generated invoices.
- Tap Print Invoice or Email Invoice. For the Email Invoice option to appear, you must have a valid email address for the customer in your system.
Impact on reports
Generating a customer invoice will not affect total revenue in your Day Reports or Closing Reports.
For Belgian users only: Due to the Belgian cash rounding law, please note that VAT is calculated and applied to the original payment amount on the invoice.