NOTE: Invoices are only supported in VAT-inclusive regions.
Use the Customer Invoicing feature to create consolidated invoices for all unpaid receipts on a customer's account. Customer invoices contain a breakdown of owed amounts per receipt, as well as the total amount owed for the invoice. Each invoice has a unique invoice number assigned to it for simple tracking. Invoices don't include partially paid tab receipts.
Customer invoices can be printed, emailed or viewed directly in Restaurant POS.
NOTE: Once an invoice has been generated, the corresponding receipts in your account are instantly set as paid and the customer's tab is reset to zero.
Creating a new invoice
- From the Tables screen in Restaurant POS, tap Extra.
- Tap either:
- Customers: opens the Customer screen with a list of all your customers.
- Open Tabs: opens the Customer screen with a list of only the customers with open tabs.
- Select a customer from the list.
- Tap Invoices to open the section.
- Tap Create Invoice to generate a new invoice.
- Specify an action for the invoice.
- Print Invoice
- Email Invoice: For this option to appear, you must have a valid email for the customer in your system.
- Just Create Invoice: Generates the invoice within the POS. It can still be printed or emailed at a later point.
Printing or emailing a previously generated invoice
- From the Customer screen in Restaurant POS, tap Invoices to open the section.
- Tap the invoice from the list of generated invoices.
- Tap Print Invoice or Email Invoice. For the Email Invoice option to appear, you must have a valid email address for the customer in your system.