The Star mC-Print3 receipt printer connects to your network with a LAN cable. Then, your iPad connects to your printer through your network. To set up the Star mC-Print3 LAN, you’ll need to insert paper into the printer, connect the printer to your network, print a self-test page, and add the printer to the Restaurant Manager.
What you'll need
To set up your printer, you'll need:
Once you’ve gathered your equipment, you’re ready to insert paper into your printer.
Inserting paper into the Star mC-Print3 LAN
To insert paper into your printer:
- Pull the lever on the left-hand side on the front of the printer to open the printer’s cover.
- Insert the paper roll so the paper feeds over the top, while making sure the roll remains tight.
- Pull the paper out past the cutter at the front of the printer.
- Push the cover to snap the lever shut.
Once you’ve inserted paper into your printer, you’re ready to connect your printer to your network.
Connecting the Star mC-Print3 LAN to your network
To connect your printer to your network:
- Remove the back cover of your printer.
- Plug the LAN cable into the LAN port of your printer.
- Plug the other end of the LAN cable into the LAN port of your router.
- Connect the power cable to your printer.
- Plug the other end of the power cable into an electrical outlet.
- Reattach the back cover of your printer.
- Push the power button to turn on your printer. You’ll know you’ve correctly turned on your printer when the LED light flashes green.
Once your printer is connected to your network, you’re ready to print a self-test page.
Printing a self-test page on the Star mC-Print3 LAN
The self-test page lists your printer’s Hardware address and IP address, which you'll need to add your printer to the Restaurant Manager later on.
To print a self-test page:
- Turn off your printer.
- Hold down the feed button and press the power button until the self-test page prints.
- Release the feed button to stop printing.
- Hold onto the self-test page, as the information will be important for the next section.
Once you’ve printed the self-test page, you’re ready to add your printer to the Restaurant Manager.
Adding the Star mC-Print3 LAN to the Restaurant Manager
To add your printer to the Restaurant Manager:
- Log in to the Restaurant Manager.
- From the navigation menu, go to Printing > Printers.
- Select Add New Printer.
- Name the printer after its model, function, or location (e.g. Star mC-Print3, Kitchen Printer...).
- Select Star from the Type drop-down menu.
- Select MC Print 3 (LAN) from the Model drop-down menu.
- Enter the IP address as written on your self-test page.
- Input 576 for the Ticket Width.
- (Optional) If you're connecting a cash drawer to this printer, then click the checkbox for Cash drawer attached.
- Click Save.
Once you’ve added your printer to the Restaurant Manager, you’re ready to print a test receipt.
Printing a test receipt
To print a test receipt:
- Log in to Restaurant POS.
- Tap Tools.
- The printers you've added to Restaurant Manager will appear.
Green: Printer is connected.
Red: Printer is not connected.
- Tap Star mC-Print3 LAN to print a test receipt.
Once you’ve printed a test receipt, you’re ready to start printing tickets and receipts from your POS device.
To create a printing template for your printer, check out Creating printer templates.