Cash drawers are used to store and track cash flow and can be opened and closed using your device. If your device is not attached to a physical cash drawer, a virtual one called a user wallet is automatically created. Cash drawers must be configured from Restaurant Manager before being used on Restaurant POS. For more information on creating and setting up a cash drawer on Restaurant Manager, see About cash drawers and user wallets.
Cash drawers can be used to:
- Add and remove cash. See Adding and removing cash.
- Open a cash drawer. See Opening cash drawers.
- Enter the start and final count (float). See Cash drawer start and final counts.
- View cash drawer history. See Viewing cash drawer history.
- Print cash drawer reports. See Creating cash drawer reports.
NOTE: By default, cash drawers open for cash payments. You may also manually open a cash drawer from the Payments screen. Users with access to Restaurant Manager may edit when a cash drawer automatically opens by configuring settings on the Restaurant app settings page. To edit, navigate to Manager > Restaurant app settings > Accessory settings.