One of the advantages of Lightspeed Payments is that Lightspeed will take care of most of your gateway configurations for you, so you won't have to worry about making sure the lines of communication are open between your Lightspeed account and Lightspeed Payments. The only thing you'll need to configure on your own is the creation of the payment type for Lightspeed Payments.
Creating the Lightspeed Payments payment type
Creating a payment type for Lightspeed Payments will add a button to your POS that will initiate the payment process on your Lightspeed Payments terminal. Only payments initiated through this payment type will be processed through Lightspeed Payments.
To create the payment type:
- In Restaurant Manager, click Payments.
- Click Add Payment.
- Enter the name that will appear on the POS button, for example, card payment or card.
- Under type, use the drop-down menu to select Lightspeed Payments, or Cayan Genius if you are using the Verifone MX915 payment terminal.
- Optionally, click edit under color to change the color of the button.
- Optionally, check the auto finalize checkbox. If enabled, the receipt will finalize once the payment is successfully processed.
- Optionally, check the auto print checkbox. If enabled, a receipt will automatically print when you tap this payment type in Restaurant POS.
- Check the visibility checkbox to make sure the button will appear on your POS devices.
You'll now see the newly created payment type on the POS with the name and color you've given it.