Timed Events are special events you create to set predefined time-based fixed or percentage discounts to products and categories, such as for Happy Hour or other promotions. You can also create Timed Events that display products and categories in Restaurant POS only during specified times, such as for breakfast products. Timed Events activate and deactivate automatically based on the set date and time. After you create timed events in Restaurant Manager, you can assign them to products and categories.
In Restaurant Manager, on the Products page click Timed Events > Add Timed Event.
Specify the settings and save your changes. To view the categories and products that are currently linked to the Timed Event, click the Toggle linked items button.
- Timed Event Name
- Timed Event Type: Select one of these types:
- Fixed: set a fixed price for products and categories the Timed Event is assigned to. When the event is active, product prices on the Order screen show the event price. The original product price is not changed.
- Percentage: apply a percentage increase or decrease to the price of products and categories the Timed Event is assigned to. When the event is active, the selected product prices on the Order screen are increased or decreased based on the event percentage value. The original product price is not changed.
Visibility: set when products and categories that are assigned to the Timed Event are visible in Restaurant POS. When the event is active, the selected products are visible and available on the Order screen. When the event is not active, the selected products are not visible and cannot be ordered. To ensure proper layout of products in Restaurant POS when using Visibility Timed Events you can also assign a Visibility Timed Event to a Spacing product. See Sorting Products.
- Value (Fixed and Percentage only): For Fixed Timed Events, enter the fixed price. For Percentage Timed Events, select Deduct or Add from the list and select or enter a percentage value.
- Days: days of the week for the Timed Event
- Time: start and end times for the Timed Event.
- Date: date range for the Timed Event. Select Indefinitely for no end date.
- Priority: priority level for the Timed Event. This determines which Timed Event takes priority when more than one active event is assigned to a product or category. For example, if a product is assigned to three active Timed Events, the event with the highest priority level takes effect.
Assign the timed event to products and categories. See Assigning timed events to categories and products.