Orders are processed and managed in Restaurant POS using a variety of methods, depending on the needs of your restaurant environment.
- Tables screen: This is the basic ordering workflow that is typically used in table-service environments. It lets you track and manage your orders by floor plan and table number. See Basic ordering.
- Overview panel: This method is optimized for quick-service restaurants and bars with minimal table service. Orders placed using the Overview panel are seen as virtual tabs in Restaurant POS. See Charging a payment to a customer tab.
- Takeout screen: This method lets you create, track, and finalize takeout and delivery orders all from one location. See Using the takeout screen to take orders.
To see a summary of all your orders, tap the Order button from the main navigation bar to access the Orders List.
- Adding products to an order using product IDs
- Assigning products to seats on an order
- Canceling an ordered product
- Editing products on an order
- Searching for products
- Selecting product modifiers on an order
- Using the Product Display screen
- Splitting order items
- Transferring order items
NOTE: When a product is added to an order, it is then referred to as an "order item".
- About the payment screen in Restaurant POS
- Taking order payments and tips
- Splitting a bill
- Reverting a split bill
- Applying discounts to orders
- Applying service charges to orders
- Applying tax exemptions on an order (tax-exclusive regions only)
- Reverting tax exemptions on an order (tax-exclusive regions only)