If a receipt has been finalized with tax applied, and a VAT (BTW) ticket has been generated and printed, you can refund a bill using the Void Receipt payment method. For information on creating this type of payment method in Restaurant Manager, see Adding a payment type.
NOTE: This is the only method to refund or adjust a finalized order for Belgian FDM users.
- Unfinalize the receipt that you want to refund. See Opening a Finalized Receipt.
- On the Order screen in Restaurant POS, tap the Pay icon.
- Tap the Void receipt payment method.
- If the bill was split, all split amounts will be refunded. This will automatically print out a refund ticket with the previous amount in negative, canceling the previous VAT (BTW) ticket.
- If applicable, open the table and create a new receipt by adding the order items and taking payment.