You can create an unlimited number of tables in Lightspeed Restaurant. Tables let users create and manage their orders in Restaurant POS, see Floors and tables in Restaurant POS.
Tables are grouped by floors in Lightspeed Restaurant. You must create floors before you create tables. See Creating floors.
- In Restaurant Manager, click Floors.
- If you have more than one floor, click the desired floor to create the table in Restaurant POS. See Creating floors.
- Click the Tables tab.
You can duplicate a table by clicking it and clicking Copy at the bottom of the Edit Table window. The new table has copy added to the table name.
Click the table image you want to use. To upload a new image, click the plus icon + in the Tables tab and select the image file.
Image upload is available in Restaurant Manager only. Uploading images using an iPad/iPhone is not supported.
Specify the settings and click OK.Settings
- Type: Selecting a table type affects table functionality based on its purpose:
- Restaurant: A normal table with a normal flow used for consumption in the restaurant or bar. Uses the standard price and tax as specified in the product details.
- Takeaway: A table used for takeouts using the advanced method. Uses the takeout price and tax as specified in the product details.
- Delivery: A table used for deliveries. Uses the delivery price and tax as specified in the product details.
- Bar: Same as a restaurant table, however, once the payment is finalized the app remains on the Order screen.
- Takeaway Simple: A table used for takeouts using the basic method. Uses the takeout price and tax as specified in the product details.
- Round Table (for tables only): When enabled, the table is displayed as a round table.
- Width: Width of the table in pixels.
- Height: Height of the table in pixels.
- Rotation: Rotation of the table in degrees.
- Z Index: If more than one object on the floor is in the same location, this setting determines which object appears in front. A value of zero (0) places the table below all other objects. A value of 1 places the table above tables with a Z Index of 0 and below tables with a Z Index of 2. You can enter any value in this field.
- Chair Image: Click the image to select the chair image for the table. You can select a chair from the list of options or upload a new image.
NOTE: Image upload is available only available in Restaurant Manager. Uploading images using an iPad/iPhone is not supported.
- Chair Number: The number of chairs at the table.
- Attach printers: Assigns the printers which will receive orders from the table.
- Position the table on the floor.