You should always keep your Restaurant POS device running the latest version in order to fully benefit from all the continuous improvements.
Before updating Restaurant POS, you should first confirm that your iOS device is up to date. As of iOS 10, Automatic Updates are on by default. However, if you have turned Automatic Updates off, be sure to update your device to the latest version in Settings.
Updating the iOS version
- Connect your device to the internet and a power source.
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
- If prompted, enter your passcode.
NOTE: If you see an error message throughout this update process, see Apple Support for more information.
Updating Restaurant POS
Once your device has been updated to the latest iOS version, you should update the Restaurant POS app.
- On your iOS device, open the App Store.
- Tap Updates.
- Find the Lightspeed Restaurant app under Available Updates, then tap UPDATE.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID Password.
Enabling Automatic Updates
With Automatic Updates enabled, all new versions of apps that you currently have on your device will automatically download as they become available. This eliminates the need for manually updating the app in the future.
To enable or disable Automatic Updates:
- Tap Settings > General.
- Tap Automatic Updates and toggle On or Off.