Set up an EMV-enabled Genius Handheld payment terminal for use with Cayan integrated payment processing in Lightspeed Restaurant POS.
Setup includes the following:
- Obtain your POS credentials from Cayan
- Set Cayan as the payment gateway in Lightspeed Restaurant
- Update the terminal to the latest version
- Connect the terminal to the network
- Find the terminal's IP address
- Add the payment terminal to your iPad
To configure Cayan as a payment type in Lightspeed Restaurant, you need to first obtain your POS credentials from Cayan. Typically, your credentials would have been sent to you by email from Cayan. If you don't have this information on hand, please contact Cayan support.
|Cayan POS Credentials|
This is the name of the account as it appear in Cayan.
NOTE: This is not the username used to login to a virtual terminal.
|Password||This is the transaction key.|
|Site ID||This is the site ID.|
This is the name of the account as it appears in Cayan.
NOTE: This is the same as the username.
NOTE: Your location settings in Restaurant Manager must be set to a Cayan supported region.
- In Restaurant Manager, click Payments > Payment Processors.
- Click Cayan.
- In the Edit Payment Account popup, enter your Cayan credentials.
- If your payment processor mode is set to Preauth-capture, you can choose to automatically close your open credit card payments at a specified time everyday. To do so, select Autoclose + Autocapture from the drop-down menu. You will also have to specify the AutoCapture Time.
- Click OK to save and exit.
Ensure that your Genius Handheld device is running the latest software version at all times.
- On the Genius Handheld device's home screen, tap the Cayan Files icon.
- Tap the icon.
- Tap Update Repos from the drop-down menu.
- If an update is available, tap Update.
- Tap Install.
The Genius Handheld payment terminal is connected to your network using WiFi.
- Connect the Genius Handheld payment terminal to your local network via WiFi.
- To power on the terminal, press the power button on the top of the device.
- On the device's home screen, tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
- If Wi-Fi is not on, enable it.
- Select your network by name.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password.
- Tap Connect.
- You can now return to the home screen.
You will need to know the IP address of your Genius Handheld device in order to configure it with Lightspeed Restaurant.
NOTE: To ensure the Genius Handheld network IP address does not change, it is recommended to assign a static IP address for the Genius terminal in your router settings.
- From the device's home screen, tap the Genius icon.
- Tap the information button .
- Take note of the IP address displayed under My IP Address. You will need this to complete the configuration process.
- Tap the return button to go back to the Genius by Cayan idle screen.
Add the device as a Payment Terminal in Restaurant Manager:
- In Restaurant Manager, click Payments > Payment Terminals.
- Click Add Genius.
- Enter a Label and a Description for your Genius device. For example, "Genius 1".
- Enter the IP address of the Genius Handheld terminal.
Create a Payment Type for the Genius in Restaurant Manager:
- In Restaurant Manager, click Payments > Payment Types.
- Click Add Payment.
- Enter a Name and Description for the payment type as you want it to appear in Restaurant POS.
- From the Type drop-down menu, select Cayan Genius.
- Click OK to save and exit.
Clear your cache in Restaurant POS and see Taking payments and tips to learn how to process payments with your Genius Handheld terminal.