Lightspeed Restaurant supports RFID card scanning. When a card is scanned on the RFID reader, the customer will be added to the receipt. If the customer has a Lightspeed Loyalty account, it will also be added to the receipt.
Please note that RFID card scanning is currently not supported while in Quick Service mode.
- Epson TM-T88VI-iHUB or TM-T88V-i printer
- Ethernet cable
- RFIDeas pcProx Wave ID reader
- RFIDeas PC software (https://www.rfideas.com/support/product-support/pcprox-plus)
- Windows based PC
A Lightspeed technician will perform the necessary set-up.
Paying with an RFID card
To use an RFID card for payment:
- Add items to a receipt as usual.
- From the Order screen or Payment screen, scan the RFID card on the RFID reader. The customer will be added to the receipt.
- Tap Pay.
- Tap Finalize.
- Ensure that you are on either the Order screen or the Payment screen when scanning an RFID card. If you scan the card while on another screen, it will not work.
- Ensure that you use the same iPad that was linked to the RFID reader during set-up.