The Verifone V400m terminal is available in Europe and in Canada and is quick and easy to set up with Lightspeed Payments. When you receive the terminal from Lightspeed, it will already be configured for your account, so all you will need to do is plug in and pair the terminal.
It is important that you only use the terminal supplied to you by Lightspeed, as any terminal obtained from a third party may not be correctly configured for your account and could present a security risk.
Plugging in the terminal
In your box, you should find:
- the V400m payment terminal
- a power cable
- a SIM card
- a roll of 57 x 40 mm receipt paper
Note: while a SIM card is provided by the manufacturer, only Wi-Fi is enabled by default. To inquire about adding standalone mode on WiFi or 4G to your account, please reach out to your account manager or one of our dedicated sales representatives.
Before you can pair your V400m terminal with your Lightspeed account, you'll need to insert the receipt paper and power the terminal.
To do so:
- Unlock the paper compartment by pulling up the latch and swinging the door downwards.
- Load the paper roll with the edge of the paper on the top of the roll.
- Pull a length of paper out.
- Close the compartment door onto that length paper.
- Plug the power cable into the side of the terminal and into a power outlet. You can continue with the setup while the battery charges, but be sure to charge the terminal for at least 4 hours when charging for the first time.
- If the terminal does not power on automatically when plugged in, hold the green circle button until the display turns on.
The display may turn on and off several times when powering on and the terminal may make a maintenance call to update its software. The update process can take 10-20 minutes.
To power the terminal off, press and hold the red X button until the display turns off.
Connecting the terminal to your network
In order to connect your terminal with your Lightspeed account, you'll need to make sure it's connected to your network via wifi.
To do so:
- Press the 9 key, followed by the green circle key on the terminal's number pad.
- Enter the following PIN: 5773.
- On the touch screen, tap network > Wi-Fi > Add network.
- Select your network from the list of available networks.
- Enter your wifi password using the number pad. Press the key associated with the letter you want to enter repeatedly until the desired letter is displayed.
- Press the green circle button.
You should then see a wifi symbol in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. Press the red x button to return to exit the menu.
Pairing the terminal with Lightspeed Payments
Once the terminal is connected to your network, you'll need to pair it with your account. The pairing process will require information that can be found on the terminal's device info page. You can access this page by pressing 5 then the green circle key on the terminal's number pad.
Make note of the following:
- The model (v400m)
- The serial number
- The IP address
Once you have this information, you can begin the pairing process. To do so:
- In the back office, navigate to Payments > Payment terminals.
- Click Add terminal.
- Enter the terminal name which will identify this terminal in your account. It can be whatever you like it to be, but whatever name you choose should distinguish this terminal from any others in your establishment. For example, choose a name that indicates where it will be located, such as "Take-out counter."
- Enter the terminal's IP address on your network.
- Enter the terminal ID. The terminal ID consists of the model and the serial number in the following format: V400m-#########, where the number symbols represent the terminal's serial number. For example, if your terminal's serial number is 123-456-789, your terminal ID would be V400m-123456789.
- Optionally, check the print transaction slip checkbox to enable receipt printing on the terminal's onboard printer. Note that doing so will print a merchant copy and a customer copy on both the terminal and the receipt printer, resulting in 4 transaction slips.
Optionally, check the prompt user to enter tip checkbox to enable tips on the terminal's screen during payment.
- Click OK.
The terminal will now be paired with your account and you'll be able to process card payments using your payment terminal.