After connecting your payments terminal to your network and a power source, you'll need to add the terminal onto Restaurant Manager. This article discusses how to adjust the following payments settings from Restaurant Manager:
- Verify payment processor settings
- Add the payment terminal to Manager
- Assign the terminal to a POS device
- Add a payment type button
Verify payment processor settings
- On Restaurant Manager, select Payments > Payment Processors from the left-hand menu.
- From the Payment Processors page, select the Lightspeed Payments button.
- An Edit Payment Account popup will open. Your account credentials are already applied (Username, Password, and SiteID), but from here you can adjust your payment capture schedule.
- For the setting Autoclose or Autocapture, it is recommended that you select Autoclose + Autocapture. This setting allows you to specify an AutoCapture Time (by default, the AutoCapture time is set to 4am). Up until the AutoCapture Time, payments and tips can be manually adjusted on Restaurant POS via the Orders List. After the AutoCapture Time, payments will no longer be editable in Restaurant POS or Restaurant Manager. Shortly after the AutoCapture Time, the batch will Autoclose, meaning the payments will be archived in Lightspeed Restaurant.
- Press OK to save and exit.
Add the payment terminal
- On Restaurant Manager, select Payments > Payment Terminals from the left-hand menu.
- From the Payment Terminals page, select the Add Genius button. An Add Genius Terminal popup will open.
- From the window, give the terminal an identifiable name and description in the Label and Description fields. This will help you easily identify the terminal in your business.
- In the IP field, enter the IP address you obtained while setting up your terminal.
Assign the terminal to a POS device
- On Restaurant Manager, select Devices > Devices and select a POS device from the list.
- On the resulting screen, scroll down to Payment Terminals and specify the terminal you just added in the previous step.
- Press Save when you are done.
Add a payment type
Last step! Create a dedicated payment type button for the POS screen.
- On Restaurant Manager, navigate to Payments > Payment Types.
- From the Payment Types page, select Add Payment. This is going to be the payments button that appears on the POS screen.
- On the Add Payment Type popup, specify a Name and Description for the button. This is the name that will appear on the Payments screen for your POS users.
- Specify the payment Type as Cayan Genius.
- Press Ok to save and exit.
Congrats! You’re now ready to take payments on the POS. See Making a sale with the Genius MX915.