Please note that a receipt cannot be "finalized" when voiding the payment method. If the receipt has been finalized, a user must reopen (or unfinalize) the bill before proceeding to void the payment. You can only unfinalize a receipt up to a week after it was finalized.
Voiding a payment
- From Restaurant POS, open the receipt that requires a void. As stated above, the receipt must be open (unfinalized) to proceed with a void.
- From the Order screen, tap either the Pay (Table Service mode) or More button (Quick Service mode).
- Tap or swipe left on the receipt's payment amount from the detailed Payments screen. A void payment button will appear.
- If the receipt had been finalized, a warning message will appear at the top of the screen asking the user to unfinalize the receipt. Tap Unfinalize.
- Tap Void payment on both the detailed Payments screen and on the confirmation pop-up window.