The Device Settings page contains a list of your device settings Profiles. Profiles are useful to easily apply the same device settings to multiple devices. You can also assign a profile as the “Default Profile” that will automatically get applied to any new device on your account. When an existing device is updated to Lightspeed Restaurant 5.0 or higher for the first time, a new profile will automatically be created containing its predetermined iOS settings.
NOTE: The account settings, payment settings and developer settings are configured directly in the device's iOS settings.
To access the Device Settings page in Restaurant Manager, click Devices > Device Settings.
Editing an existing profile
- On the Device Settings page, click the pencil icon on the profile you want to edit.
- Edit the profile.
- Click Save.
Creating a new profile
- On the Device Settings page, click Create New Profile.
- Give the new profile a name.
- Select the desired settings for the profile.
- Click Save.
- To add devices to the new profile:
- Click Add new device to profile.
- Select a device from the drop-down list.
- Click Yes.
Adding a device to an existing profile
- On the Device Settings page, click the profile you want to add a device on.
- In the DEVICES USING THIS PROFILE section, click Add new device to profile.
- Select the device from the drop-down list.
- On the Devices page, click the device you want to add to the existing profile.
- In the PROFILE section, select the desired profile from the drop-down list.
- Click Save to finalize.
Copying an existing profile
- On the Device Settings page, click the Copy Profile icon on the profile you want to copy. The copied profile will open as “Copy of…”
- Edit the settings.
- To assign a device to the profile, click Add new device to profile.
- Click Save.
Deleting a profile
- On the Device Settings page, click the delete icon on the profile you want to delete.
- Click Yes to confirm.
NOTE: You cannot delete the default profile. You must assign another profile as the default first.
Specify a name for the device settings profile.
The default profile will automatically be applied to all new devices added to your restaurant
|DEVICES USING THIS PROFILE||
All devices running this device profile are listed here. You can delete device's from the current profile or add a new device to the profile.
NOTE: If you are currently editing the default device profile, you can't remove devices from it.
General device profile settings include:
|ORDER VIEW SETTINGS||
Customize the look and layout of the Order screen in Restaurant POS, including your products, modifiers, and navigation.
|FLOOR SETTINGS||Decide whether to have access to the Overview panel and numbered chairs in the Tables screen.|
Customize which printer actions you want to affiliate with the profile.
Determine how you want to sort and show the customers in your system. Entering a google API Key will permit autocompletion of street addresses when entering new customer information.
If your account is integrated with hotel management software, enable the search by room and customer option.
Customize your workflow in Restaurant POS with these settings.
|USER SETTINGS||Determine user-specific workflow settings, such as enabling the user icon at the bottom of Restaurant POS or enabling swipe login.|
|ACCESORY SETTINGS||Select the type of swipe device to be connected through the Audio Jack device and whether it will be consistently active.|
|BETA SETTINGS||These settings apply to features that are currently in beta testing. For more information, contact us.|