The Takeout & Delivery screen lets you create, track, and finalize takeout and delivery orders from a single screen. Lightspeed Restaurant will use the takeout and delivery price and tax rate specified in a product’s details. See Creating Products.
A table defined as Takeaway (advanced method) and a table defined as Delivery must be created in Restaurant Manager in order to use the Takeout & Delivery screen. See Creating Tables.
Creating new takeout and delivery orders
- On the Tables screen in Restaurant POS, tap Extra.
- Tap Takeout & Delivery. The Takeout & Delivery screen opens.
- Tap the Takeout or Delivery button from the top menu.
- Select an existing customer from the Returning customer tab, or create a new one from the New customer tab.
NOTE: You can edit an existing customer’s address by selecting the customer and then tapping Edit.
- Use the time selector to set a Pickup Time.
- Tap Order.
- Add products to the order as you would normally.
- Track, print, and take payment for the takeout or delivery order.
Other Takeout & Delivery screen actions
You can track the Takeout & Delivery orders based on their status. You can filter orders by status by tapping the status buttons at the bottom of the Takeout & Delivery screen.
|Send orders to the Kitchen/Bar||
|Print a receipt||
|Take a payment||
|Finalize an order||
|View the Delivery Address||
The Takeout & Delivery screen includes a Map feature that you can use to quickly view an order's delivery address in either Google Maps or Apple Maps.
NOTE: The Location option in the iOS settings, and the Location Services option in the iOS Privacy Settings must be enabled on your device.