The BBPOS Chipper is a portable payments solution suited for quick serve, casual restaurant environments. The BBPOS reader processes the customer's payment method while the iOS device acts as the interface prompting users throughout the transaction. Throughout the transaction process, the BBPOS reader and iOS device communicate with one another until the payment has been processed.
The BBPOS reader uses Bluetooth technology to communicate with the Restaurant POS app. There may be instances where a user encounters connectivity issues, but we recommend the following steps as most connectivity issues between the BBPOS reader and Restaurant POS app simply involve a quick adjustment. All of the following steps are outlined in more detail in Setting up the BBPOS Chipper.
Unable to pair the BBPOS reader?
The BBPOS reader pairs to your POS device directly through the Restaurant POS app. If you are having difficult connecting your BBPOS reader, try the following options:
- To ensure a seamless transaction experience, your iOS device and POS app should be operating on the most recent iOS software and Restaurant POS app versions.
- Ensure that the BBPOS reader has been turned on and is within range of the POS device.
- Begin a transaction. Instead of confirming the payment amount, tap the Card reader info button from the initial payment confirmation window. You will see a list of available BBPOS readers if they are turned on and within range. Manually select the BBPOS reader you wish to pair with the iOS device.
- Ensure that Location Services and Bluetooth are both enabled on the iOS device Settings.
- Ensure that Location and Bluetooth have been enabled from the iOS device Settings > Restaurant POS app.
- The BBPOS reader can only be connected to one POS device at a time. In the case where the POS app cannot find a BBPOS reader, exit the Lightspeed POS app on any POS devices the reader may have been previously connected to. Turn off the BBPOS reader. Restart the BBPOS reader and re-open the POS app. Follow the previous steps outlined above and try processing a transaction.
Stuck on the payments processing screen?
Sometimes, a user may get "stuck" in the payments processing screen if Location Services have been disabled from the iOS device Settings.
- Exit the Lightspeed POS app and turn off the BBPOS reader.
- Enable Location Services from the iOS device's Settings menu.
- Turn on the BBPOS and try processing a transaction.
Unable to process a payment amount?
For all transactions with Lightspeed Payments, the payment amount must be at least 0.50 cents. If you are unable to process a payment amount, ensure the transaction is greater than 0.49.
Process a transaction with Lightspeed Payments. See Making a sale.
Learn about the various Lightspeed Payments reports. See About reports.
Learn more about the Transactions report. See Understanding the Transactions report.
Understand the Settlements report. See Understanding the Settlements report.
Understand the payments schedule for batched settlements. See Getting paid.