Modifiers are groups of items that are assigned to a product or category to add more details on an order, such as desired side dishes or preferred cooking temperature.
To add a note when sending an ordered product to the bar or kitchen, see Adding notes as modifiers.
To link products and categories to modifiers, see Linking products and categories to modifier groups.
- In Restaurant Manager, click Products > Modifiers.
- Click Add Group.
- Specify the settings and add modifiers.
- Name: The name of the modifier.
- Display Name: Name and display name show on the kitchen or bar ticket.
- Display Inline: Enables the full list of modifiers to appear in the first screen of the Modifier popup.
- Multi Select: The ability to select more than one modifier option in a group. If enabled you must also set the minimum and maximum number of selections for the modifier group. If you don’t want to limit the number of selections, enable No Max value.
- Auto Popup: The Modifier popup appears automatically when the product is added to an order.
- Modifiers: Click +New Modifier to add a modifier to the group.
- Price/Price without tax: depending on your tax settings (Include VAT tax) this is the price of the modifier either with or without tax. E.g. Guacamole is $1.00 extra.
- Default Option: Applies the modifier to the order item by default. Only one modifier can be made a default option.
- Link category: Click Link category to select categories to link to the modifier group. See Linking products and categories to modifier groups.
- Link product: Click Link product to select products to link to the modifier group. See Linking products and categories to modifier groups.
- Click Ok to save the new Modifier group.
Assign the modifier group to products. See Assigning modifiers to categories and products.