The Epson TM-M30 LAN receipt printer connects directly to your internet router with an ethernet cable. Users can then print receipts to the TM-M30 from an iOS device through a shared network connection.
Follow these steps when setting up your Epson TM-m30 receipt printer:
- Verify hardware requirements
- Connect the printer to a power supply
- Insert a paper roll
- Connect the printer and iOS device to the same network
- Add the printer to Lightspeed Restaurant
- Test print a receipt
To set up your receipt printer, you'll need the following equipment:
- Epson TM-M30 receipt printer
- 24-volt AC power adapter
- AC power cable
- Ethernet LAN cable (long enough to reach your router)
- Paper roll (58-mm width)
- Connected router (we recommend routers set up in close proximity to your hardware and printers)
- iOS device installed with the latest Lightspeed Restaurant POS app
Connect the receipt printer to a power supply
- Make sure your AC cable is not connected to a power supply (unplug if it is).
- Connect the AC cable to the pronged AC adapter socket.
- Connect the pronged end of the AC adapter to the circular power port at the bottom of your printer.
- Connect the pronged end of the AC cable to an electrical power supply.
- On top of the printer, press the power button and wait for the blue power light to appear.
Insert a paper roll
- To open the printer cover, push the lever on the right-hand side of the printer away from you and lift the cover upwards.
- Insert a paper roll with the paper pulling under and out (see image below). While doing so, make sure the paper roll stays taut and doesn't unravel.
- Pull the paper out past the cutter at the front of the printer.
- Push the cover down to snap the lever shut.
Connect the printer and iOS device to the same network
In order for the Restaurant POS device to send print jobs to the Epson TM-M30, the iOs device and printer both need to be on the same network. Your iPad should be connected (with Wi-Fi or LAN) to your internet, but a TM-M30 LAN receipt printer needs to be directly connected to your internet router.
Connect the printer to your router
- Turn off the printer by pressing the power button.
- Connect one end of the ethernet cable to the ethernet port at the bottom of your printer.
- Connect the other end of the ethernet cable to an ethernet port on your internet router.
- Turn on the printer by pressing the power button.
- After a few seconds, your receipt printer's IP address will print. Take note of the IP address as you'll need it when adding the printer to Lightspeed Restaurant.
Connect the iOS device to your local network
- On your iPad, tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
- On the right Wi-Fi panel, select your network from the list. It must be the same network that the printer is directly connected to.
- Enter your password and tap Join. Your Wi-Fi network should now be listed under the Wi-Fi switch.
Add the printer to Lightspeed Restaurant
- From your iOS device, open the Restaurant POS app and log in. Go to the Manager page.
- From Restaurant Manager navigation menu, select Printing > Printers.
- Select the Add New Printer button at the top-right of the screen.
- Give the printer a name based on its function (e.g. receipt printer).
- Select Epson as the type and TM-M30 as the model from the drop down menus.
- Enter the IP address your printer is connected to. The correct IP address will be on the status sheet printed during the previous step of this article.
- For Lightspeed Restaurant to connect with your printer, the printer's assigned IP address (obtained from a status sheet) must always match the IP address listed on Restaurant Manager.
- Select the Save button at the top-right of the screen.
- On the left-hand menu, select Printer Templates.
- Create or select an existing Receipt printer template.
- In the Edit Printer Template popup, beside the setting Printer, choose Select a Printer.
- Select the new printer by name.
- Select Ok to save.
Print a receipt
It's a good idea to perform a print test and confirm a connection between the Restaurant POS device and printer. To perform a print test:
- From the User screen on the POS, select Tools.
- Tap Print test.
- All printers configured in Restaurant Manager will show.
- Green: The printer is connected.
- Red: The printer is not connected.
- If the printer is connected (green), tap it to perform a quick print test.
For more information, see Performing a print test.
All set! You can now print receipts from the Restaurant POS device with the Epson TM-M30 LAN receipt printer.
Have you connected your cash drawer? A cash drawer connects directly to a receipt printer. See About cash drawers for more information.