Some delivery channels require special configuration in Lightspeed Restaurant. It is recommended that you create a separate category called Delivery in Restaurant Manager for any special products needed for delivery channels.
Editing the pickup/delivery time
Takeaway.com supports changing the delivery or pickup time from within the Restaurant POS app.
To change the delivery or pickup time:
- In Restaurant POS, go to the Takeout screen.
- Tap the order you want to edit.
- Tap the edit icon in the top righthand corner.
- From the Order screen, tap the Time icon in the lefthand sidebar.
- Adjust the time and click Set Pickup/Delivery Time.
Delivery fee and discounts
Takeaway.com requires two special products to be configured in Lightspeed Restaurant. Ensure that you create these as regular products and not discounts.
In Restaurant Manager, create two products with the following specifications.
- PLU: DEL77
- Name: Takeaway.com Delivery Fee
- Price: 0
- PLU: DEL99
- Name: Takeaway.com Discount
- Price: 0
For information on creating products, see Creating products.
Ensure that you sync products from Lightspeed Restaurant to the Lightspeed Delivery dashboard after adding any new products.
To sync products:
- From the dashboard, click on the Locations icon .
- Select the desired location.
- Click Sync Products.
Takeaway.com does not support a menu push yet. You will need to contact their support team to create delivery menus.
When you contact Takeaway.com, provide them with the PLU of each product you want to add to the delivery menu.