The Gift Cards page in Restaurant Manager contains a summary of gift card usage and a detailed overview of individual gift cards. For example, you can see the total value of sold and redeemed gift cards as well as the current balance and expiration date of each card. This article covers how to access the Gift Cards page and understand the information it shows.
In addition, you can also perform the following actions from this page:
- Import gift cards from a different system
- Export a .CSV file of your existing gift cards
- Edit gift card expiration settings
Accessing the Gift Cards page
To access the Gift Cards page in Restaurant Manager, click Payments > Gift Cards on the left navigation menu.
Understanding the Gift Cards page
By default, the Gift Cards page shows information on all of your Lightspeed gift cards (including those that are expired or empty). However, you can search and filter to display only certain types of cards.
The Gift Cards page has two main sections: Summary and Overview. Continue reading to learn more about the information each section contains.
Searching and filtering
Search or filter the Gift Cards page to display only certain types of cards on the page, such as only those that are active.
- To search for a specific card, enter the gift card ID in the search field at the top of the page.
- To filter based on gift card status, click Status at the top of the page. Then select Active (in use, has a balance), Expired (has an expiration date in the past), and/or Empty (has no balance) to view only those types of cards.
The Summary section of the Gift Cards page shows the total monetary value of different types of gift cards (e.g. all sold gift cards) and the number of active gift cards. See the table below for a description of each tile in this section.
|SOLD VALUE||The cumulative monetary amount of all gift cards activated on your account.|
|REDEEMED VALUE||The cumulative value of all sales charged to a gift card.|
|OUTSTANDING VALUE||The cumulative unused amounts that remain on active gift cards.|
|EXPIRED VALUE||The cumulative monetary amount remained on gift cards that have expired.|
|ACTIVE GIFT CARDS||The total number of gift cards that are currently active.|
The Overview section of the Gift Cards page shows information about individual gift cards, such as the current balance and expiration date. See the table below for a description of each column in this section.
|ID||The unique number you assign to a gift card. In multi-location environments, take care to avoid using duplicate ID numbers.|
|ACTIVATION DATE||The date the gift card was activated or imported.|
|EXPIRY DATE||The date the activated gift card is set to expire. Some regions prohibit the use of expiry dates with gift cards.|
|ORIGINAL AMOUNT||The initial amount that was loaded to the gift card in Restaurant POS when it was activated or imported.|
|CURRENT BALANCE||The current monetary worth of the gift card. This can also be checked from within Restaurant POS, see Checking the balance on a gift card.|
- To get more detailed information on individual gift card transactions, see the Gift Cards Transactions page.
- Check out the Importing and exporting gift cards and Editing gift cards articles to learn how to perform these additional actions from the Gift Cards page.