The Verifone e280 terminal is quick and easy to set up with Lightspeed Payments. When you receive the terminal from Lightspeed, it will already be configured for your account, so all you will need to do is plug in and pair the terminal.
It is important that you only use the terminal supplied to you by Lightspeed, as any terminal obtained from a third party may not be correctly configured for your account and could present a security risk.
Plugging in the terminal
In your box, you should find:
- e280 payment terminal
- USB cable
Before you can pair your e280 terminal with your Lightspeed account, you'll need to make sure it is charged and set up.
To do so:
- Plug the USB charging cable into the terminal and a power source. You can continue with the setup while the battery charges, but be sure to charge the terminal for at least 4 hours when charging for the first time.
- If the terminal does not power on automatically when plugged in, hold the power button until the display turns on.
The display may turn on and off several times when powering on and the terminal may make a maintenance call to update its software. The update process can take 10-20 minutes.
To power the terminal off, press and hold the power button until the display turns off.
Connecting the terminal to your network
In order to connect your terminal with your Lightspeed account, you'll need to make sure it's connected to your network via Wi-Fi.
To do so:
- Press the Menu button.
- Select Admin.
- Enter the passcode 5773.
- Select Network.
- Select Configure network.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi toggle switch.
- Select the + icon to add a network. The terminal will scan for nearby Wi-Fi networks.
- Choose the desired network from the list.
- Enter the Wi-Fi password.
- Tap the check mark.
The terminal will set the network as the default automatically and will connect to it. You should then see a wifi symbol at the top of the screen.
Boarding the terminal
Your terminal will come preconfigured for your business, but you will need to board the terminal to finalize the process.
To do so:
- Select Board the terminal.
- Select your business.
- Tap Confirm.
The terminal will then begin the boarding process. Please note that this process can take up to 30 minutes.
If you do not see the option to board the terminal, you may need to wait until the next synchronization with the payment gateway. Look for the option again after 3 hours.
Pairing the terminal with Lightspeed Payments
Once the terminal has finished boarding, you'll need to pair it with your Lightspeed account. The pairing process will require information that can be found on the terminal's device info page. You can access this page by pressing the menu button, then selecting Device info.
Make note of the following:
- The model
- The serial number
- The IP address
Once you have this information, you can begin the pairing process. To do so:
- In the back office of Lightspeed Restaurant, navigate to Payments > Payment terminals.
- Click Add terminal.
- Enter the terminal name which will identify this terminal in your account. It can be whatever you like it to be, but whatever name you choose should distinguish this terminal from any others in your establishment. For example, choose a name that indicates where it will be located, such as "Take-out counter."
- Enter the terminal's IP address on your network.
- Enter the terminal ID. The terminal ID consists of the model and the serial number in the following format: e280-#########, where the number symbols represent the terminal's serial number. For example, if your terminals serial number is 123-456-789, your terminal ID would be e280-123456789.
- Do not check the print transaction slip checkbox. This terminal does not have an onboard printer.
- Click Save.
The terminal will now be paired with your account and you'll be able to process card payments using your payment terminal.