If your business accepts tips on transactions processed with the Genius MX915, make sure to manually add those tips amounts to Restaurant POS before your payments are captured. You can add tip amounts either both before the transaction has been finalized (allowing you to adjust the tip amount before charging a card) or after the transaction has been finalized. Tips can continue to be adjusted until your daily payment batch (when tractions are captured and sent for processing). By default, transactions are captured everyday at 4AM.
Note: The grand total charged to the card can only be 10 times the amount the card was originally authorized for. This means if you were to authorize a card for a $5 transaction, the maximum tip that can be added to that is $45, bringing the grand total to $50 (10 times the original $5). This can become important if, for example, a meal is complimentary but the client still wishes to provide a tip.
Adding tips before finalizing the payment
Manually add individual tip amounts:
- After the payment has been completed and the customer has added a written tip onto their transaction slip, return to the POS.
- Open the order corresponding to the transaction slip. Tap Pay to go to the Payment screen.
- On the Payment screen, you will be able to view the card payment with the Amount, Last 4 Digits, Type, and Cardholder Name.
- Tap the Add Tip button on the left-hand side of the screen. A modal will appear displaying the payment Amount, Tip, and Total. You can either directly add the tip amount or simply adjust the Total amount so the tip amount is automatically calculated.
- Tap Done when you have finished adjusting the payment total.
Adding tips after finalizing the payment
You can also adjust tip amounts in bulk via the Orders screen. The Orders screen provides an overview of all open and finalized orders you can adjust tips.
- Navigate to the Orders screen where you can view a list of payments.
- Tap on Filters at the top of the screen.
- Select a filter to specify which orders display on screen:
- Show Payments - payment details for all transactions
- Receipts missing tips - all transactions without a specified tip amount
- Finalized - all finalized transactions.
- Select Receipts missing tips.
- Tap on Tip 0.00 for each payment. A modal will appear displaying the payment Amount, Tip, and Total. You can either directly add the tip amount or simply adjust the Total amount so the tip amount is automatically calculated. Tap Done when you are done editing the payments.
- If you prefer, you can also quickly find a payment by searching for the receipt ID, table number, customer name, or the last four digits of the credit card.