Setting up Lightspeed Delivery involves completing steps yourself in Restaurant Manager and also working with the Deliverect onboarding team to finish configuring your account. This article provides an overview of the setup process and the steps you need to follow to prepare your Lightspeed Restaurant account for use with Lightspeed Delivery.
Important: Lightspeed Delivery is available as a paid add-on to existing Lightspeed Restaurant subscriptions. Contact your Sales Account Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about purchasing Lightspeed Delivery.
Table of contents:
After purchasing Lightspeed Delivery, the following steps will guide you through what to do and expect during the setup process.
- Complete the preparation steps in the next section to get your Lightspeed Restaurant account ready for Lightspeed Delivery.
- Contact Lightspeed to verify you've performed step 1 and to provide us with some additional information.
In your message, include the:
- Categories of products you want to sync to Lightspeed Delivery.
- Delivery channels you signed up for (for example, Uber Eats, DoorDash, etc.).
Once we receive the above information, we will:
- Check your account to verify the preparation steps were completed.
- Our partner, Deliverect, will create your Lightspeed Delivery account and will also:
- Email you a link to access the Lightspeed Delivery Dashboard.
- Import your items from Lightspeed Restaurant to Lightspeed Delivery.
- Connect your delivery channel accounts to Lightspeed Delivery.
- Schedule an onboarding session to review how to finish Lightspeed Delivery setup, including how to create delivery menus and test orders.
- Finish setting up your Lightspeed Delivery account according to the workflows shown in the onboarding session with Deliverect.
Need help finishing your delivery menu in Lightspeed Delivery? Visit our Managing menus and products in Lightspeed Delivery article.
- After completing setup, you can start accepting orders via Lightspeed Delivery.
Preparing for Lightspeed Delivery
Get your Lightspeed Restaurant account ready to connect with Lightspeed Delivery by completing the steps below.
- Sign up for an account with each third-party delivery channel you want to use with Lightspeed Delivery.
Note: Supported channels vary by region but can include Uber Eats, DoorDash, Deliveroo, Just Eat, and Grubhub. View a full list of supported channels here and filter by your country.
- Configure new and existing categories in Restaurant Manager to meet these criteria:
- Capital letters - Use a capital letter to start each word in your category names. Applying the same capitalization to all categories ensures any new products you add will have unique PLUs. To learn why unique PLUs are important, see step 5.
- Tax rates - Enter the tax rates for each category to ensure the correct amount of tax is collected on delivery orders. Each category can have a Tax rate, Delivery tax rate, and Takeout tax rate.
- Add all the products you want to offer via Lightspeed Delivery to Restaurant Manager.
- Re-create any combos as products with modifiers.
Important: Combos are not supported in Lightspeed Delivery, but you can continue using them for dine-in orders. To hide products with modifiers in the Restaurant POS app, disable the Visible setting on individual products.
- Make sure a unique PLU code exists for every product and modifier. Click the buttons below to expand each set of steps, then follow along.
Important: Each product and modifier must have a unique PLU in Lightspeed Restaurant before they can sync to Lightspeed Delivery. Duplicate PLUs may exist in your account depending on how you initially set it up. Modifiers will not have PLUs by default unless you manually add them.
Checking product PLUs
- In Restaurant Manager, click Products > Products on the navigation menu.
- Click the list view icon to see a table of your products.
- Enable the Show all products checkbox to view all products in your account.
- Click the PLU column to sort the products by PLU code.
- Make sure there are no duplicate PLUs on the list. PLUs are considered duplicates if they share the same characters, regardless of capitalization.
Example: ABC1, abc1, and AbC1 would all be considered duplicates.
- If there are duplicate PLUs, manually edit each affected product and assign it a new PLU.
Checking modifier PLUs
- In Restaurant Manager, click Products > Modifiers on the navigation menu.
- Select a modifier group.
- Click a modifier listed in the Modifiers section.
- If there is no code in the PLU field, enter a unique PLU not used for any other modifier or product.
- A PLU is considered unique if does not share the same characters as another PLU, regardless of capitalization. For example, ABC1, ABC2, and ABC3 are unique, but ABC1, abc1, and AbC1 are duplicates.
- We recommend using a naming convention for all modifier PLUs. For example, MOD001, MOD002, MOD003, etc. Always using a combination of capital letters and numbers.
- If there is a code in the PLU field, ensure it has not already been used for any other modifier or product. If necessary, update the PLU.
- Click Ok to save changes to the modifier.
- Repeat steps 6c–6f for each other modifier in the group.
- Click Ok to save changes to the modifier group.
- Repeat steps 6b–6h for each other modifier group.
- Set up the two floors described below with tables for takeaway and delivery.
- Restaurant floor - Create a floor for your restaurant's physical layout, and add the tables present in your restaurant. Add two extra tables: one with its type set to Takeaway and another with the type Delivery. These additional tables are used to accept normal pickup and delivery orders placed outside of Lightspeed Delivery.
- Integrations floor - After setting up your restaurant floor, create another floor called Integrations. On the integrations floor, add a separate table for each delivery channel you plan to use with Lightspeed Delivery and set its type to Delivery. If customers will also be able to place pickup orders via a specific channel, add another table with the type Takeaway.
- Add a dedicated payment type for each delivery channel you plan to use with Lightspeed Delivery. Enter the name of the delivery channel for the Name, and select Cheque as the Type.
Note: To make sure the auto-accept system recognizes and prints orders, do not enable the auto-finalize payment feature.
- Enable the Show customer setting for each printer template to ensure the customer's name appears on receipts.
- In your Restaurant app settings, select an option for Accept and finalize incoming online orders.
Important: If using Lightspeed Order Ahead or Order Anywhere, do not select the Automatically accept and finalize setting as it is incompatible with these features.
We recommend selecting Automatically accept or Automatically accept and finalize as these will automatically send Lightspeed Delivery orders to the kitchen or bar without having to manually accept them in the Restaurant POS app. To learn more about the available options, visit our Restaurant app settings article.
- Follow the additional setup steps in our Uber Eats, Takeaway.com, or Deliveroo articles if using any of these delivery channels.
- Enable any desired optional settings, such as online order alert sounds for online orders and revenue tracking by delivery channel.